Monday, November 15, 2010

Blue Velvet has become an obsession of mine during the last month or so, and since the weather is starting to become colder, I felt that this would be the ideal time to show some perfect examples of this gorgeous fabric. And not only am I going to show you Blue Velvet at its finest, but I am going to show you "tufted" treated pieces of furniture.

Tufting is a type of textile weaving in which a thread is inserted on a primary base.









"A tufted cushion accentuates the stuffed nature of the cushion and gives it a soft look that is attractive for many types of cushions."

The link below explains how to tuft your own cushion, I believe I may try this during the holidays, a new little hobby.

I also decided that in some of my blogs I will also include what type of  music I am listening to as a form of inspiration, or motivation, for each new project. This week is dedicated to Mika. :)

Hope you enjoyed it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment